We’re sure that summer is just around the corner. You may plan an exciting family trip to Goa or a romantic weekend getaway with friends. No matter what you have planned for the summer, the temperature change can cause havoc to your hair. Summer is no fun when your hair suffers from dullness, frizz, and texture changes. No need to worry; no matter your hair type, we have some great summertime tips. Hair Care Tips Below are some tips to make your hair flow like the locks of Hollywood stars.
Avoid cosmetic treatments during Summer:
- Avoid chemical treatments to save your hair from severe damage and extreme drying. Avoid too much coloring, whether it’s at the salon or home. If you want to dye your hair, do it before the sun is strongest.
Deep conditioning for sun-dried hair:
- Remember to use conditioner while you’re in the sun. Choose one that is suitable for your hair type and texture. Always remember to use a leave-in conditioner before you go swimming and wear a cap.
Almond shampoos are ideal for summer.
- You may feel the urge to shampoo your hair daily, but doing so can do more harm than good. Too much shampoo will dry out your scalp and hair. If your scalp gets greasy or sweaty and you tend to sweat a lot, a mild shampoo such as Dabur Vatika Black Olive Almond Shampoo is ideal for summer.
Avoid split ends by cutting your hair in the summer.
- Have you ever wondered why split ends appear to increase in the summer? The tips of your hair are beaten up a lot during summer. It’s not good for your hair if you are trying to keep them looking healthy. The summer is a great time to get a new hairstyle. If you need to know if a drastic cut will work for you, opt for a simple trim to take care of your ends and give your hair a fresh look.
Hair care for swimmers
- Who doesn’t like to swim in the summer? Everyone wants to relax and enjoy a nice swim in the summer! Few people realize that shampooing your hair before swimming can cause severe damage to your hair. As a result of the high chlorine content in the pool water, your hair is stripped of its protective oils. This leaves it more vulnerable to other pool water and salt chemicals. Once out of the swimming pool, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This will remove any chlorine effects that may be present.
In summer, avoid heat to prevent hair damage.
- Avoid adding heat to your hair as much as possible. The sun already heats it enough. If you must, blow-dry your hair slowly and wash them half an hour before to give them time to dry naturally. Let your hair be as natural and unstyled as possible.