Are you tired of scratching your head? You’ve tried all home remedies you know for dandruff or an itchy scalp but to no avail. Look no further. You’ll never again have to be bothered by an itchy scalp if you use these home remedies.
An itchy scalp is often caused by dryness in the scalp. This can lead to dandruff and other issues such as hair loss, dry strands, etc. The most common causes of scalp dryness are improper hair and scalp care, fungal or viral infections, poor nutrition, and stress. It would help to keep your scalp moisturized to avoid dry, itchy skin. Don’t rush to the saloon for expensive treatments. You can find many ingredients in your kitchen to help you eliminate an itchy scalp and give you silky soft hair. Try these home remedies to treat itchy scalp and see the difference in your hair.
These are the seven best home remedies to treat an itchy scalp. Lemon juice for the rescue:
- Lemon’s effects on hair and skin are well-known. Its antiseptic effects are a great antidote to any scalp or hair-related problems, and its antibacterial properties help eliminate dandruff. Apply the fresh juice of the lemon to the scalp for a home remedy that will relieve itching. Let it sit on the scalp for five minutes, then wash it off using a mild shampoo. Repeat this process twice a week or until the itching and dryness disappear.
Coconut oil therapy:
- Coconut oil is the answer to itchiness! Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids and vitamins that nourish the scalp. This helps to eliminate itchiness. Massage your scalp with warm Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil at least once per week, and then wash it with a mild shampoo. Add a few drops to your shampoo and wash your hair. This remedy for itchy scalp will keep the scalp hydrated and make your post-wash hair feel soft.
- Bananas are an excellent home remedy for itchy and dry scalp. The moisturizing and nourishing properties of bananas help to condition the scalp while treating any signs of inflammation and itching, as well as flakes and dandruff. It is simple to make this effective but easy itchy scalp treatment. Apply a teaspoon of honey to one ripe banana and mash it. Let it sit for half an hour, then rinse it with a mild shampoo.
It is best to wash it with baking soda.
- Baking soda is one of the best remedies to combat itchiness. It also helps with dandruff. Baking soda’s alkaline properties help restore moisture to the hair by balancing the pH levels. Make a paste of baking soda and water, and apply it to your scalp. Let it sit on your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash it off with shampoo.
Aloe Vera Pampering :
- Give your scalp a gentle massage with aloe vera at least twice weekly to soothe itchy scalp. Aloe vera is one of the best remedies for an itchy scalp. It provides all the moisture the scalp needs to grow silky, soft, and smooth hair.
Apple cider fun :
- Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammation qualities that help to kill yeast and viruses that cause itching on the scalp. Spray a mixture of apple cider and water on your hair and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, rinse with regular water.
- There are many remedies for scalp itching, but you should always choose the one that suits your hair type. Proper nourishment can help control dryness on the scalp. If you are looking for a long-term solution, following a hair care regimen with your scalp itching remedy is essential.