It’s time to stop singing ‘Rain, rain, go away, let my hair remain healthy and in place.’ every monsoon. You can use some easy and excellent home remedies to prevent hair fall during monsoons. They will also make your hair look beautiful.
Why hair falls in the rainy season
- Hair loss during the monsoon season is a problem that almost everyone faces. Hair tends to get limp and brittle due to the excess humidity.
- It is easy for dandruff spores to flourish in the monsoon’s damp, moist climate. Monsoon season is when most people experience fungal or bacterial infections, excessive sebum, and skin irritation. These three factors are what causes dandruff. A dry, itchy scalp and dull and brittle hair accompany dandruff.
- Wet hair can exacerbate the problem. The scalp is always damp and warm, which encourages microbes to thrive. Leaving your hair wet can lead to dandruff and damage to your hair.
Lack of Nutrients in the Scalp
- Lack of nutrients can cause dry, brittle, damaged, and itchy hair. Healthy diets can help you achieve healthy, strong hair. Unhealthy ones can have the opposite effect. Adopt healthy eating habits and avoid junk food. It would help to have vitamins, minerals, calcium, and proteins to keep your hair in top condition. It’s time to change your diet if you need more nutrients. Otherwise, you will suffer from dandruff, hair loss, hair breakage, dryness, and hair fall.
Hair Styling Products
- Dandruff can be caused by excessive shampooing or hair products. Most of the hair products on the market have been chemically treated, and too many chemicals can cause irritation and dryness to the scalp. This can cause an intense reaction on the scalp, resulting in dandruff or hair loss.
- A fungal infection causes hair falls, exacerbated when rainwater pollutants enter your hair.
- You may use hair products and chemicals to protect your hair against further damage. These products can do more harm to your hair and scalp. What can you do to restore the luster of your crowning beauty? By returning to your roots, we mean using natural and homemade remedies.
Monsoon hair care tips & how to prevent hair fall in monsoon?
- You must follow a few simple steps to prevent hair loss in the monsoon. First, you should elevate your regular hair care routine to a monsoon-specific hair care routine. It would help if you also considered certain basic principles when designing your particular hair care routine for the monsoon. This must include the following:
- A mild shampoo such as Vatika Treatment Shampoo can help cleanse your scalp of any impurities and germs, keep it conditioned, and add volume to your hair.
- Due to excessive humidity, hair can become frizzy or dull. Apply a hair oil like Vatika Hair Oil to keep your hair well-managed and controlled. This non-sticky formulation nourishes your hair from the root to the tip, restoring the moisture balance to make it look smooth and frizz-free.
Avoid Hair Products:
- During monsoon, your scalp is most vulnerable. Avoid styling products to prevent hair loss during monsoon. Chemical-based products can cause your hair to become greasy, irritating the scalp. Hair loss can also be caused by excessive hair product use.
- Even in the rainy seasons, a healthy diet rich in calcium, protein, and minerals will keep hair thick, healthy, and beautiful. Fresh fruits and vegetables are also essential in your diet to keep your hair healthy and broad during the rainy season.
Keep Your Hair Dry:
- Wet hair is a magnet for dirt, grime, and pollution. Microbes can also spread quickly and infect the scalp. Always dry your hair thoroughly before going out to prevent scalp infections and maintain healthy hair. Blow drying can be done, but it must be done with caution. Too much heat on your hair will destroy the follicles causing hair loss. Instead, use natural methods like air-drying.
Wash Hair After Getting Drenched:
- Even though you might love getting soaked in the rain, it can cause havoc to your scalp and hair. Rainwater can be a source of infection on the scalp. If not treated in time, it can lead to psoriasis or eczema. After a rainy session, wash your hair with mild shampoo to avoid getting ruined. This will remove dirt, bacteria, and germs that cause infection and leave your hair and scalp feeling fresh and healthy.
Condition Your Hair:
- A quality conditioner for hair can have many benefits. It can keep your hair from drying out, moisturize it from the root to the tip, and prevent breakage. It will also smoothen cuticles and untangle and soften them.
Do Not Tie Wet Hair:
- When hair is wet, it is most vulnerable. Any pulling or pressure can cause them to break and fall. It is best to avoid tying your hair into a tight bun or ponytail when wet. To avoid damaging your hair, always dry them before tying any style.
Stop Using Hair Styling Products:
- You may have tried everything to make your hair healthier and voluminous, but they still seem dry and brittle. You may be applying chemicals to your hair. Hair products used frequently can break and fall. This can make hair frizzy, unmanageable, and irreversible in the long term. Switch to natural or herbal remedies instead of chemical-treated hair products to restore health and shine.