It is a well-known fact that the best foundations can elevate your makeup look. Check the ingredients of the foundation before choosing it. Choose foundations according to your skin tone, type, and skin issues. Avoid foundations that feel heavy and cause you to sweat. The waxing process may boost your self-confidence and make you appear neater, but the aftermath is not something anyone enjoys. You must use the best post-wax moisturizers to reduce redness and irritation and eliminate dryness. This will prevent rashes and strawberry skin. We have compiled a list of the best Brazilian wax products to give you a smooth, hair-free, clean bikini without any unpleasant side effects.
What is Brazilian Wax?
Brazilian waxing is the removal of all hairs from your pubic region. It is called depillar in technical terms. It is also known as Brazilian Wax in Western countries because it allows you to wear skimpy, low-cut bikinis (popular on Brazilian beaches). In this procedure, hot Wax is applied to the pubic region and then covered with a cloth. The cloth will come off with the pubic hair when you pull it off.
I can assure you that the word “yank” was used for an excellent reason. You should know that waxing can be too harsh for sensitive pubic tissue. Next, we’ll discuss this topic in more detail.
Why should you moisturize after a Brazilian Waxing?
The sensitive skin in the pubic region is known to be very painful after a bikini wax. This can cause dryness and red bumps that are itchy. If you give in, these urges can quickly turn into rashes that can lead to infection. It is essential to take care of your skin after Brazilian Wax.
Use a moisturizer to moisturize dry patches and protect open pores against dirt and germs. After hair removal, use this soothing moisturizer to nourish and smoothen your skin. Moisturizing also softens hair follicles, preventing hairs from returning to the skin. Many moisturizers contain different ingredients. Some can even soothe pain, reduce bumps, and eliminate redness.
We’ll look at some of the best moisturizers to maintain healthy skin and achieve a smooth, sleek bikini.
Best Moisturizers After Brazilian Wax
Best Overall: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
CeraVe Moisturizing Creme is a highly moisturizing cream that can repair the dryness of your skin caused by waxing. This hydrating cream for post-Brazilian Wax contains three essential ceramides to enhance your skin’s protective barrier. This formula includes ceramides that prevent germs and harsh substances from entering the pores of freshly waxed, open skin. This cream is non-greasy and has a velvety texture that spreads smoothly over your skin. It absorbs quickly. This cream is suitable for any skin type.
Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Ceramides
- Long-lasting moisturization
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Honey Skin Ultimate Face and Body Cream
Honeyskin Ultimate Face & Body Cream can be used after a Brazilian Wax. The goodness of shea butter and coconut oil deeply hydrates and moisturizes your skin, protecting it from inflammation and infection. This moisturizer also soothes skin irritations that are common after waxing procedures. Aloe vera moisturizers are a great way to hydrate your skin after waxing. They don’t leave any residue. The manuka honey and formula firm your skin, while the nutrient-rich formula makes it smooth and soft. The non-clogging, nutrient-rich formula will revitalize your skin after waxing and make it healthier.
- Ingredients that are natural and organic
- Quick absorbing
- Face and body suitable
- Has no pleasing smell
- Not for acne-prone skin
Best Natural: Vmagic Intimate skincare
- Vmagic Intimate skin care is a must-have for Brazilian wax aftercare. The formula comprises potent ingredients such as olive oil, avocado, and beeswax. These products address women’s intimate issues like irritation, dryness, and itchiness. Gynecologists suggest using this product to prevent ingrown hairs after shaving or waxing. This Brazilian wax aftercare moisturizer’s hydrating formula rejuvenates pubic skin and reduces pain. This product is suitable for all women and can be used daily.
- Unpleasant smell
- Some users may experience irritation. A patch test is recommended.
Best Pocket-Friendly: Jergens Weightless Wet Skin Moisturizer
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer is formulated to achieve soft, smooth, and silky skin. The moisturizing lotion is designed to be used after showering when the skin is most receptive. The formula is ultra-hydrating and replenishes moisture in your skin, making it feel refreshed. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory qualities. It effectively treats and prevents irritation, redness, and bumps after Brazilian waxing. It can be used to treat dry skin in the body on a regular base.
- Hydration that lasts a long time
- Fast absorbing
- Pleasant fragrance
- Daily use suitable
- Contains parabens
Best Breathable: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizer Lotion will give your irritated skin after Brazilian waxing a boost of long-lasting hydration. The oat in the lotion replenishes and nourishes your skin and helps to soothe and rejuvenate it faster. This lightweight moisturizer is made with a formula that absorbs deeply into the skin, giving you a velvety-soft skin. The moisturizer also restores pH balance and strengthens the skin’s natural barrier. This daily moisturizer is safe to use on even the most sensitive areas of the body.
- Thin consistency