It’s always a great idea to streamline your beauty routine, but sometimes you need to give your skin a little extra attention, even if that means spending five minutes more. Not to mention, anything you do to improve the overall appearance of your skin will save you time on skin care in the future. A DIY facial massage is an easy way to show your skin some love. Eve Lom, founder of her brand, created this seven-step technique to be used in conjunction with the Cleanser. Lom claims that this technique helps improve blood circulation, muscle tone, and lymphatic drainage. This, in turn, helps eliminate toxins, leaving dull, congested skin brighter, more firm and clear.
EVE LOM Cleanser has been formulated to be a 4-in-1 cleanser: it moisturizes and exfoliates while also toning. Even if you add the massage to your routine on those days, this product still eliminates steps. It’s a fair deal, given that the massage only takes a couple of minutes twice a week. (Lom suggests doing this twice a week, at night, as part of your cleansing routine). You’ll be glad you did. Later, when your skin glows more than ever before, you can thank us. Did we mention that it is a great way to relieve tension and feel incredible?
You will Need
EVE LOM Cleanser plus the included muslin rag
1: Massage cleanser on your face and neck. (With makeup still on). Apply pressure using the pads of your fingers behind your ears. Slowly move down towards the collarbone. Repeat this three times.
2. Press firmly with your fingers, hold them for five counts, then release. Repeat the process, starting at the center of your forehead and working outwards. Finish by rubbing the temples.
3. Place your fingers (minus your Pinkies) on either side of the nose, under your eyes. The hands should be almost flat against your face. Press down, hold for five counts, then release. Repeat by moving your fingers slightly downward. Continue to take small steps up until you reach your jawline.
4. Press firmly with two fingers on your upper lip. Hold for five counts, then release. Continue to work out until you reach your mouth corners. Repeat this three times.
5. Spread out your fingers right under your cheekbones. Press, hold, and release for five counts. Repeat by moving fingers slightly downward. Continue to take small steps up until you reach your jawline.
6. Place thumbs below your chin and fingers spread out above. Hold for five counts, then release. Repeat by moving the fingers slightly up and out. Continue along the jawline and finish under the ear.
7 Finally, dip the muslin in hot water. Wring it out. Hold it gently across your face while you inhale deeply through your nose. Hold the muslin for 7-10 seconds. Repeat this three times. Use a circular motion to remove any remaining makeup and Cleanser. Rinse and dry the cloth. Then, rinse the fabric with cold water and apply it to your face.