No wonder that the monsoon is a welcome break from a hot summer. It can also be a problem for your hair. It’s normal to experience a bad hair day during the rainy season, as high humidity makes hair frizzy and unmanageable. This is the time of year when the scalp can become a breeding ground for various scalp problems, such as fungal and bacterial infections, dryness, and itchiness. What can be done to avoid scalp problems during the monsoon and maintain beautiful and healthy hair? Maintain a healthy monsoon care routine. Your hair will need extra care during the monsoons. Taking good care of your hair can make it look gorgeous.
The causes of scalp itching in the monsoon season:
Itching of the scalp can be a sign of unhealthy hair. Poor dietary habits and neglect of hair care during the rainy season can cause scalp itch. The most common causes of itching on the scalp during the rainy season are:
- The sebaceous glands become more active, causing the skin to dull and scales to accumulate on the scalp. This leads flakes or dandruff to form on the head.
- This skin condition affects your scalp’s health by causing scarlet patches that gradually become crusts. One of the most common methods of getting in contact with it is by being drenched in dirty, acidic rainwater.
- The condition, also called psoriasis, causes patches to form on the scalp, which causes itching. The situation worsens as the weather becomes more humid and rainy.
- During the monsoon, conditions are hot and humid. This is an ideal environment for parasitic infections to develop. This includes the appearance of lice on the scalp. Spreading the disease is caused by sharing hair tools such as combs and hair bands, poor hair care during the rainy season, and proximity to someone who already has it. A parasitic condition is the most common cause of scalp itching during the monsoon.
How to get rid of itch on the scalp during monsoons
A good monsoon care regimen is the answer. In the rainy season, itching is common. Losing sleep and rushing to buy expensive hair treatments is not a good idea. What can you do about itching in your head?
These tips will help you eliminate itching and achieve beautiful, healthy hair.
Hair care tips for monsoon season: Regular Hair Wash:
- An unclean scalp can cause a head itch. Rainwater is full of chemicals and dirt that can harm your scalp. Wash your scalp with mild shampoo regularly to keep it clean. Regularly using gentle shampoos that nourish the scalp will make your hair stronger and healthier.
- Massage your scalp and hair with a . This often gets lost in the monsoon. Vatika Coconut Hair Oil is a great hair oil to use during monsoon. It is enriched with henna and lemon and treats hair or scalp damage. You can eliminate frizzy hair by massaging your scalp with the non-sticky Vatika Hair Oil.
Natural remedies are the best choice:
- Using excessive hair products during the monsoons can make your hair even worse. It is only sometimes worth spending a fortune on expensive hair treatments. Remember that the scalp is most vulnerable during the monsoon season, so treating it with natural remedies is best.
- Exfoliating the scalp with baking soda, aloe or lemon juice, and water will help to keep the head itch at bay. It will also eliminate dandruff and scalp infections and promote healthy hair.
Allow the hair to dry naturally:
- Avoid using dryers during the wet season. The dryer’s heat will strip the hair of its natural moisture, weaken the hair follicles and worsen the problem of split and dry ends.