Onion is known to be a remedy for hair, specifically hair loss. Home remedies have been used for years. Consider using onion juice to care for your hair. Check out the mixture and ensure it suits your hair care routine.
Why Use Onion Juice for Hair?
In some cases, onion juice can be used to treat hair loss. It can also bring back luster and shine. The juice of an onion could be used to treat dandruff and prevent premature graying.
Here is a list of all the benefits that onion juice can provide for your hair:
- alopecia treatment
- Itchy, inflamed, or dry scalp
- hair loss
- Hair loss
- Hair that is dry or brittle
- Premature graying of hair
- Scalp infection
Does onion juice work for hair loss?
- Onion juice is effective in many ways. One of the reasons onions are so high in sulfur is that they contain a nutrient our bodies require called dietary sulfate.
- Sulfur can be found in amino acids, which are components of proteins. Proteins, and in particular keratin (which is sulfur-rich), are required for strong hair.
- Onion juice can support thick and robust hair when added to hair and scalp. This will prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Onions may also promote collagen production. Collagen helps to produce healthy skin cells and hair growth.
- Onions are also thought to increase circulation. Onions can increase blood flow to hair follicles by applying onion juice directly to the scalp and hair. This will improve hair growth.
- Studies have yet to be done on the other benefits of onion juice.
- In a 2002 studyTrusted Source, the science of onion juice was implemented. The group that washed with onion juice saw more hair growth than those who used tap water. The men also seemed to benefit more than the women.
- The study was conducted over a decade ago; only some subjects completed the test. It is necessary to research how onion juice functions and its effectiveness. Many recent studies and reviews on natural hair loss remedies cite the study as evidence that onion is helpful.
- Onion juice is not a cure for alopecia and pattern hair loss. Onion juice can stimulate and protect hair growth but is not known to reverse hair loss.
What is the best way to use onion juice on hair?
- Many people have created simple home remedies to apply onion juice to their hair.
- Due to the strong smell, some people avoid using onion for their hair. Some people have proposed simple recipes to reduce the smell of onions. If you’re curious, try this recipe:
- Combine 2 tsp. Combine 3 tsp. Lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture as evenly as you can to your hair and scalp.
- Leave hair and scalp on for 30 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo and rinse to remove any onion smells.
What do I need to know before using onion liquid?
- Onion juice is generally safe to use on hair. You shouldn’t apply onion juice to your hair if you are allergic to onions.
- Onions can cause severe irritation to the skin, even in those who aren’t allergic. The side effects can include itching and redness, depending on the strength of your concoction. This can be prevented by mixing onion juice with emollients like Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil.
- Do not use onion juice to treat alopecia and other hair loss problems. In some cases, such as alopecia, a transplant is the only cure that works. Baldness is no different.
- Certain medications (such as aspirin) can also increase the sensitivity of a person to onion juice applied to their skin. You can test your skin or consult your doctor if you are concerned about possible interactions.
The Bottom Line
- The onion is a natural and inexpensive home remedy that can do wonders for your hair. Many people have reported that it can improve hair thickness, promote growth and even regenerate new hair growth.